Today we are going to talk about being prepared to own a fishing boat. To really be prepared to own a fishing boat, some material space as well as some mental, emotional and time space is going to be required. To begin with, you will have to know what type of fishing you are going to be enjoying most and whether you want power or more power in your boat. You have to imagine how good you’ll feel when you get that boat home and where the boat is going to be parked. You will have to think in terms of what seasons the boat will be subjected to and whether or not you will be willing to leave it out in the open to be battered by the elements or boat covers and a blanket garaged nice and snug in the corner near the furnace.
- Protective vinyl rubrail
- Removeable swivel seats
- Length: 102", Width: 48", Height: 20", Weight: 100, Capacity: 550 lbs., HP Rating: 3 HP
- Meets CE and US Coast Guard standards
- Convenient handrails
- 2-person fishing boat with seats
- Built-in motor mounts, rod holders, battery storage locations and extra storage area
- Four rod holder locations
- Meets CE and US Coast Guard standards
- Length: 12', Width: 52", Height: 21", Weight: 110, Capacity: 510 lbs., HP Rating: 6 HP
- 3 air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in hull for extra buoyancy
- Boston valve on two main hull chambers for quick-fill & fast-deflate. All around grab line
- Inflatable I-Beam floor for comfort and rigidity. Has 2 welded oar locks on each side
- Motor Mount Fitting. Hi-Output Manual Hand Pump. 54 inch deluxe aluminum oars. Item is 144.09 long x 66.14 wide in inches
- Boston valve on two main hull chambers for quick-fill & fast-deflate.Do not inflate in 30 minutes after patching
- Adjustable/reclining seating for 3 adults and 2 kids
- Pedal positions for 1, 2 or 3 people. Capacity - 530 Pounds(247kg)
- Built-in cooler or storage area with beverage holders to make your ride a smooth and peaceful one
- Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene deck and hull
- Canopy included
- Catamaran hull design with a flat stable platform
- Front/rear storage wells large enough for a milk crate or bucket
- Non-slip pads and stand up strap
- Dual position fold down seat
- Carry handles and Paddle holders
- COMFORTABLE FOR ANYONE: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest;Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- DIMENSIONS: Inflated size 10 feet 3 X 3 feet X 1 feet 8 Inch . Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- DIRECTIONAL STABILITY: Removable skeg for directional stability
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- MADE FOR SMALLER BODIES OF WATER: Explorer K2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
- Free Pin & Nut with every Drill Paddle order!
- Perfect for 4 adults to enjoy a fun summer of boating
- Designed with heavy duty, puncture resistant PVC for comfort and durability
- Contains three air chambers including an inner auxiliary chamber inside the main hull for extra safety
- Inflatable cushions are included for comfort and seating stability
- Fishing and relaxing have never been easier with the two built-in fishing rod holders and gear pouch
Mentally you might have to be prepared to go back to school in a series of lessons on how to operate your boat, including boat safety classes and operating instructions, licensing and boat insurance. Depending on the size of your fishing boat, you might have to learn how to safely back up your boat. I get to see first hand, down at the bay, some folks who would rather jackknife then ask for instructions. You will find many classes being taught on how to operate your boat at local colleges and you should ask your dealer, when purchasing your boat if they offer instructional videos or classroom instruction on the boat you are preparing to venture into.
Emotionally you might have to prepare to miss out on weekends because of engine trouble, trailer flats and many other unforeseen mishaps like losing the cooler or forgetting the keys. Of course this may not be relevant to you, but some of that type of emotional stress might come along after you have had many pleasurable months enjoying the water with friends and family in your clean boat. I mention clean here because this is something that is very important to the health and longevity of your relationship you are starting with your boat. Did I say relationship? Yes, I said it, and you will have to get used to the idea that you will be in a relationship.
- 2) Polk Audio MM522 5.25" 600 Watt Car Audio Marine/ATV/Motorcycle/Boat Speakers . Driver Compliment: 5.25" (133.35 mm). Tweeter Complement: 1" (25mm).
- Cutout Dimensions: 4.61" (117mm). Mounting Height: 0.20" (5.07mm). Mounting Depth (Top): 2.37" (60.1mm). Mounting Depth (Bottom): 2.57" (65.2mm).
- Peak Power Handling: 300 Watts per speaker. Continuous Power Handling: 100 Watts per speaker. Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms. Grille Height: 0.92" (23.3mm).
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-40kHz. Sensitivity: 92 dB. Magnet Weight: 0.8/0.31 oz.
- Magnet Material: Neodymium. Magnet Size: 24.7mm x 5mm x 10/24.5mm x 5mm x 4mm. VC Diameter: 1".
- CONE: Made from polyurethane, the MRWT40 4-inch marine waketower speakers provide a resilient and durable material that can offer great sound with the advantage of long-lasting speakers
- VOICE COIL: Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties. This gives our speakers the advantage of longer play times with lower weights
- SURROUND: Rubber has the ability to endure much punishment without any sign of damage. It complements the whole structure of the speaker by allowing constant abuse where it is most needed, without the wear and tear
- TWEETER: The dome shape radiates sound with a wider dispersion pattern than the semi-dome design. Since high-frequency sound waves are very directional, a wider dispersion of the sound waves will give you a larger "sweet spot"
- WEATHERPROOF: The MRWT40 has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
- Daniel James Brown
- Penguin Audio
- Audible Audiobook
You will be wiping, polishing and buffing, spending weekends going over every part and piece to make sure it is in sound condition because your safety and that of your family and friends will depend on it. Buying gifts like custom covers and boom boxes are all part of the needs of the boat, and you will thank your boat over and over again because its good to need, isn’t it?
So, take into consideration these three aspects before venturing into owning your very own boat, you will be glad you did because emotion can run wild when in the clutches of the boat salesman.
Till next time,